Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Well, haven't updated this in a bit. Work has been a bit stressful. Stupid stealerships trying to throw me under the bus.

Anyways, so we downed Alysrazor on heroic last week. It was actually pretty awesome. People kept making little mistakes and, of course with heroics, it meant they died. After a couple wipes I gave a little speech about how we know this fight inside and out and we should have this down. And hey, we downed her on that pull. Looks like I should give motivational speeches more? I don't know. I'm just really happy we finally killed the bird.

So that now puts us to 4/7 heroic. We have our sights on Baleroc now, which is turning out to be very different for me since we usually two tank it on normal just to make sure one doesn't die to Decimation Blade. Although we quickly found out that isn't necessary. So now I'll be going unholy for that fight since our other tank is mostly set up for pvp in his off spec. Yes, I said unholy. I will not conform to frost dps!

I feel out of my element as dps at times. No matter what, I'm always thinking about some way to help mitigate damage while playing. So in a couple of our attempts, I ran up to the other tank to drop Anti-Magic Zone during Inferno Blade. Usually I was the Inferno Blade tank and would eat a lot of the damage with Anti-Magic Shell. Since I know Warriors don't have much in the way of magic damage mitigation, I figured that would help.

Like it was when we were first learning the fight on normal, this just seems like dance steps that we need to learn and we should have it down easily. Countdown is an interesting mechanic. Trying to find the right way to meet someone you're connected to while not spreading Tormented is proving to be challenging. But I think we'll get that with time.

We put in a few attempts on heroic Beth'tilac this passed week as well since we didn't have enough ranged to deal with the crystals for Baleroc until later that night. But those didn't turn out too well. We'll save that for after we get Baleroc down.

In other news I've been on an achieve rush. Been farming reputation with most of the Outlands factions as well as grinding out Loremaster achieves. Very slow going, I have to say.

I'll have a more serious update likely later this week. Perhaps I'll talk about the interesting things I saw when finally watching the Blood Legion vs Vodka challenge at Blizzcon?

2 comments:

  1. I should check out the Blood Legion vs. Vodka thing too. Might learn some tricks, who knows?

    Also, I know what you mean about feeling out of your element as DPS. I'm always watching the health bars and wondering if I should start healing. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ... I put 2 points in Selfless Healer in my DPS spec ... and gloat about how big a heal I can land on the tank when I'm ret. >.>

    ReplyDelete